Monday, July 14, 2014

From Scratch

You make time for the things you want to do. I always want to eat well and will make time for preparing a tasty morsel. There is a sense of accomplishment when the dish is complete, particularly if the process was challenging or tedious. There is excitement from trying something for the first time, and a deep sense of satisfaction when going back to an old favorite. Sitting down at the computer however, is something that comes less naturally. Maybe I should put a computer in my kitchen to increase the chances that I'd want to sit in front of its screen, which makes my eyes feel tired. At any rate, my lack of posts does not reflect a slow-down in the kitchen. Here is something I felt particularly excited about making because I got to create it from scratch. Mmmm...homemade is always preferable, especially when the ingredients are good for you.
Step one: measure out whole wheat berries for grinding.
A last look at the wheat berries before they become pulverized into flour.
Fresh flour smells wonderful and has natural moisture, meaning your recipes will require less oil or other type of fat.
Fresh flour ready to become anything you want it to be.
This time I used it to make blueberry and orange bread.
Plump blueberries and fragrant orange zest make this bread a delicious treat for any time of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment