Thursday, June 27, 2013

Barley Salad

The word barley stirs warm, comforting thoughts in my mind and then my mouth starts watering.  Perhaps that is because my aunt makes an incredible beef and barley soup that I have never been able to replicate and my taste buds simply want more!  In the summertime, however, I am not craving a hot bowl of soup but I still find barley incredibly delicious and comforting.  I came across a recipe for barley salad several years ago, but it wasn't exactly my speed.  I really liked the concept though, and so I modified it to suit my own taste (because when you're into food that is just what you do).   The beauty of this salad is how simple it is.  You can cook the barley ahead of time, simply allow it to come to room temperature before you proceed with the recipe.  And the recipe is really only a list of suggestions, feel free to modify until it suits your personal taste.  If you have a garden, chop up and add whatever is fresh and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment