Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Quinoa salads are one of the easiest foods to prepare.  Well, there may be tons of foods that are easier to prepare, but for your effort in making a quinoa salad you get a meal that is balanced in nutrition and also incredibly delicious!  I find it refreshing on a hot evening because there isn't much cooking involved.  It doesn't make you feel hot after eating it either, because your body isn't in overdrive trying to digest a super heavy meal.  The other bonus is that this salad contains almost all of my favorite foods...quinoa, avocado, spinach, tomatoes and lemon.  While it may not contain chocolate, my absolute favorite food, it still ranks pretty high on my list.  

Feel free to adjust ingredient amounts depending on your personal taste.  If the fresh spinach is looking really enticing to me on a given day, I might use well more than 3/4 cup.  Experiment to find the combination that works best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment