Thursday, April 4, 2013

So Little Time

Step One: Roasted Red Potatoes
It was one of those days.  Long day at work.  Needed time for a run.  Had to fit in some errands before dinner.  And then, dinner.  I wanted some healthy fuel to replenish me, but I found myself a bit short on time.  Just when I began to lose hope, this tasty dish sprang into my mind.

Since time was of the essence, I first softened red potatoes in the microwave for a few minutes.  Then I quartered them, drizzled on some olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and rosemary and popped the baking sheet into the oven to roast.  While the potatoes roasted I sent Brian out to the grill with some marinated chicken breasts.  Next I chopped up some red bell pepper, celery and green onions. I whipped up a dressing of equal parts mayo and dijon mustard, plus a little salt and pepper.

I allowed the potatoes to cool slightly before adding them to the chopped veggies, and shredded the chicken when it came in off the grill.  I tossed everything together with the dressing and the result was a delightful potato salad.  It left me feeling quite replenished.  If I could change one thing however, I would substitute plain Greek yogurt for the mayo.  All in all, though, it wasn't bad for a last minute, thrown-together dinner.
Finished Product: Potato Salad
  

No comments:

Post a Comment